The Legal Department provides the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County (HHC) with legal advice and representation in court.
The Legal Department performs the following duties for the corporation:
- Manages approval of corporation contracts and grants.
- Advises the corporation on personnel issues.
- Advises in the formulation, interpretation and administration of corporation policies and procedures.
- Drafts ordinances for the Code of the Health and Hospital Corporation.
- Drafts legislation for the Indiana Code.
- Monitors outside counsel.
- Represents the corporation in civil actions.
- Represents the corporation in administrative hearings.
- Enforces the Code of the Health & Hospital Corporation